The current cycle includes the following technologies: podcasting, P2P VOIP, Desktop searching, RSS, Corporate Blogging, Wikis, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, Location aware (GPS) services, & RFID.
Via Stephen's Lighthouse.
I haven't read the press release in it's entirety yet but here is the item on podcasting.
Podcasting. Podcasting offers a way to 'subscribe' to radio programmes and have them delivered to your PC. Gartner predicts that podcasting subscriptions will grow increasingly important as the market for content continues to fragment, which will lead to a massive shift in radio, and ultimately TV content delivery. Podcasting is an extremely efficient method for delivering audio and spoken-word content to niche audiences and as such could become an important corporate communications tool.
I've started listening to podcasts. I find it very easy to subscribe to and download podcasts to my IPod using ITunes. I really think podcasts could be a useful publicity and instruction tool for our libraries. Maybe it's time to look at setting up a podcasting taskforce?
No comments:
Post a Comment