Despite a slow start this morning coming off a three day weekend and a delayed opening due to ice & snow, things are starting to liven up as spring semester approaches. HCC offers three faculty development periods per year including one that starts this evening and goes until next Friday. Spring semester starts Monday, January 31.
I'm staying today through the early evening to help staff our table at the faculty fair. Tomorrow, I'm attending a 1/2 day workshop on current and emerging trends in classroom design which was organized by my supervisor, the Associate VP for Academic Affairs. On Friday, I hope to attend each of the seven faculty division meetings so that faculty can put a face on the new library director. So far I have received positive responses from 5 of the 7 divisions.
Next week, there are several workshops of interest including one that our info literacy librarian designed with a faculty member on "Info-Smart Assignment Design". I am also interested in attending workshops on the ipad in the classroom, learning outcomes assessment, media use and creation 101, and a session on sustainability.
I'm looking forward to my first consortium meeting which is the Maryland Digital Library (MDL) general meeting this Thursday. A number of our database subscriptions are through the MDL. One of the agenda items is a discussion of the ACRL report on the value of academic libraries.
I'm still thinking about our library planning process this spring and what data we might need to be collecting. To that end, I got approval to take an ACRL e-learning course on Deciding with Data.
1 comment:
Turns out faculty fair is next Tuesday!
Post a Comment