Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Reflections
Reflections is the name of my apartment complex which hopefully will serve as reminder to me to take plenty of time for reflection in my new role as library director. I get energized by multitasking and having a lot to do but the pitfall is then lacking either concentrated time to focus on a specific task or project or time to read for inspiration and ideas.
When starting a new job, especially at this time of year, things tend to be a bit slow with what seems like time to fill. I've been trying to think of reading professional material from magazines, blogs, Twitter and even Facebook as part of the daily work. It's easier to do at the moment so I'm hoping to start a habit that will last. Thinking about the big picture requires inspiration and inspiration often come from reflecting on what I'm reading and learning about.
Image from: Frank's Photo Essays
Labels:
inspiration,
planning,
reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment