I found a Midas shop not too far from the hotel. There was a hole in my muffler plus the pipe connecting the muffler to the manifold had to be replaced. I'm glad it's fixed. Driving in Boston reminds me of drivers I've seen in Europe. Lanes don't seem to mean much here but I got into the flow of it. Also, I was dodging the double parked vehicles like a pro.
Chaired a meeting of the MARS Achievement Recognition Certificate Committee aka "My Favorite Martian" this morning. It's fun to select someone to recognize for their service to MARS. This was followed by an uneventful & long MARS Executive Committee meeting.
Couple of interesting things I heard at the meeting. Some libraries are outsourcing their evening ref service to tutor.com. Maybe we could look at hiring someone part time to do evening/weekend reference service from home? I think our chat service might see more use if we had later evening hours.
UC Irvine used GIS to see where their library users are coming from.
Home tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment